March 28, 2024, 08:04:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 15 Final Results (Sept 25)  (Read 11587 times)
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

If it isn’t fixed its broken

« on: September 25, 2009, 03:32:39 PM »

Raw Track          
Race All Winter Track          
Dunc Gray  Velodrome, Sydney, Australia         
Week 15 sept 25, 2009         

Results         

Round 1         
Warm up scratch race         
Div 5 heat 1       

1   Joanne Troutman      
2   Sarah Oakes      
3   Sandra Egan      
4   Victoria Armstrong      

Div 5 heat2          
1   David Greenwood      
2   Ethan Doughty      
3   Vince O'Dwyer      
4   David Lamb      

Div 4          
1   Jordan Davies      
2   Chris Barlin      
3   Michael Chidgey      
4   Greg Pietersen      

Div 3 heat 1         
1   Darryl Thorncraft      
2   Peter Harvey      
3   Emma Sprouster      
4   Brie Maloney      

Div 3 heat 2         
1   Bradley Heffernan      
2   Peter O'Connor      
3   Michael Clement      
4   Matt Glanville      

Div 2         
1   Paul Conner      
2   Gary Mandy      
3   Mitchell Stock      
4   Brett Douglas      

Div 1         
1   Jackson Law      
2   Ben Simonelli      
3   Scott Law      
4   Tirian McManus      

Round 2         
no race

Round 3         
Win'n'Out Div 5 heat 1   

1   Joanne Troutman      
2   Victoria Armstrong      
3   Sandra Egan      
4   Chris Bushell      

Win'n'Out Div 5 heat 2         
1   Jamie Sell      
2   Adrain Emilsen      
3   Vince o'Dwyer      
4   David Greenwood      

Win'n'Out Div 4          
1   Micheal Chidgey      
2   Andrew Brookfield      
3   Jordan Davies      
4   Peter Rox      

Win'n'Out Div 3 heat 1         
1   Peter Harvey      
2   Caitlin Todd      
3   Ian Dencker      
4   Brie Maloney      

Win'n'Out Div 3 heat 2         
1   Max Housden      
2   Sasha Belobradjuc      
3   John Nguyen      
4   Peter O'Connor      

Win'n'Out Div 2          
1   Gary Mandy      
2   Paul Connor      
3   Scott Mills      
4   Devon Midleditch      

Win'n'Out Div 1       
1   Scott Law      
2   Jackson Law      
3   Gavin White      
4   Tirian McManus      

Round 4         
Point'a'Lap Div 5    

1   Victoria Armstrong      
2   Jamie Sell      
3   Nick Edwards      
4   Adrian Emilsen      

Point'a'Lap Div 4         
1   Jordan Davies      
2   Michael Chidgey      
3   Les Bull      
4   Chris Barlin       

Point'a'Lap Div 3 Heat 1         
1   Tim Briers      
2   Tom Harvey      
3   Peter Harvey      
4   Peter O'connor      

Point'a'Lap Div 3    Heat 2       
1   Sasha Belobradjic      
2   Shaun Colley      
3   Neil Land      
4   Ian Dencker      

Point'a'Lap Div 2          
1   Mitchell Stock      
2   Paul Conner      
3   Nosh Mistry      
4   Alex Chubb      

Point'a'Lap Div 1          
1   Jackson Law      
2   Ben Simonelli      
3   Gavin White      
4   Tirian McManus      

Round 5         
Combined fast   

1   Peter rox      
2   Adrian Emilsen      
3   Chris Barlin      
4   Nick Edwards      

combine faster         
1   Michael Chidgey      
2   Jordan Davies      
3   Emma Sprouster      
4   Madison Law      

combine really fast         
1   Paul connor      
2   Brett Fenton      
3   Keith Oliver      
4   Mitchell Stock      

CNSW + SWERVE          
Time Blaster          
8:22 for   $200   

1   Jackson Law   8:22:46   
2   Tirian McManus      
3   Scott Law      
4   Jack Bennnett       
Trouty

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 07:53:24 PM »

Not sure when you sleep Crafty, but amazing the results are up already after all the organising that had to be done for the final night (and the whole series in general). As a first season rider of RAW, all I can say is it was a fantastic series to be a part of....and last night was one of the best nights I have had out - whilst being sober! All in all, great prizes, watching some great cycling, great video, and meeting some great people along the way. Chris (Toff) was very interested in some of the prizes in my bag of goodies...especially the packet which he said was butt gel? I kindly donated it to him.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 12:54:31 AM by Trouty » Logged
roxii

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 08:46:01 PM »

Well its that time of year again, daylight savings is almost upon us, its getting a little warmer and the days are getting longer,, but that also signals the end of RAW track for another winter.
We made the trek out to Bass Hill for one last time before Paul mounts his trusty steed and heads off into a dusty sunset.
The winners for the series had been mostly settled, for the rest of us not "in the money" we turned up for the love of it.
This week there was an added incentive to turn up, a reason to look our best, be on our best behaviour and try and impress.

Yes the Red Bull girls were there!

Oooops did I say that out loud,,, I meant the RAW track presentation.

Racing was almost secondary to the big night, but we did go through the motions just for formalities sake.

As a first year cyclist and first season "Trackie" Id just like to thank Paul for putting on such a professional, well run, friendly and fun series. A series that is very welcoming and accomodating to us newbies. Its a great fun environment and its great to be able to race hard shoulder to shoulder with others, then sit down with them and have a laugh about it afterwards.

The presentation not surprisingly was a laugh with poor old George Lowe copping the brunt of most of the jokes, Paul proved that he should not pursue an acting career and that most riders would not be welcome in even the worst of karaoke bars.

I didnt accumulate enough point to even be allowed to fondle any of the numerous prizes on offer, but Im sure they were great and the sponsors appeared to be very generous.

Oh well there is always next year.

So Crafty youve done something noone else has ever been able to make me do,,,,,,,,

Look forward to winter.

See ya next year. 

(Ill try and convert some more triathletes next year,,,,, and NO they dont all ride like George  Cheesy)

So thanks again Paul and all involved.

mikesbytes

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 07:02:52 AM »

Div 3 Report

I actually arrived in time to do a few laps warmup before this one. Unusual I know.

Warmup Scratch
I was about to ride up the ramp and my wheel pulled. A hasty retreat to the seating area and with the assistance of another I was back on the bike and just managed to make it for the race. With 2 laps to go I attacked off the front and got a reasonable buffer on the field, but on the last lap they were reeling me in and 2 riders got me on the line, so I came 3rd. The guys said that if the race was 1 meter shorter I would of won, but that's racing.

Win it out
I was too far back in the pack when it was time to kick for the win on lap 6, nor was I in it for 2nd (lap 7), 3rd (lap Cool or 4th (lap 9).

Point a lap
This was the last point scoring race of the series, and Shaun from my club had to win with Sasha coming no better than 3rd to win the series. Yip it boiled down to the last race. So it was time for team support. Shaun had 4 riders to support him and from what I saw Sasha had help from at least 1 rider, who let him take a point. Anyway Shaun had to score 4 points to win and the first lap was neutral.

Christian took off with Shaun on his tail, so Shaun was pulled off the front, then Christian allowed Shaun to roll him for the first point and retired from the race leaving Shaun to then do 3 laps solo. I was sucking Sasha's wheel then there was daylight back to the pack where the other 2 support riders were. Alarm bells rang in Sasha's head and he took off after Shaun, I realised that he was going to catch Shaun before he got his 4 points.

On the front straight Sasha started to roll Shaun, so I figured, if Shaun isn't going to get this point then I'd better get it, so I tried to roll Sasha, but didn't achieve it, points were;
Shaun 3, Sasha 1

Shaun was gone, it seemed to me that he wasn't going to get any more points, so it was time to win the points myself and I took the next point;
Shaun 3, Sasha 1, Mike 1

I started to think, not only do I need to win points, but I also need to not win the race, does this mean a maximum of 2 or 3 points? I didn't know. Sasha rolls me;
Shaun 3, Sasha 2, Mike 1

I'm spent and retire, however the other 2 riders, John and Ian come into play and do their best to try to beat Sasha, however Sasha proves to be too strong, takes the points he needs and wins the series. Congratulations to Sasha on a well deserved win and on winning the Series.

Combined Div3 and Div2
Race also included a couple of Div1 riders who didn't do the time blaster. Pace was comfortable but I wasn't able to respond to the attack at the end and 6 riders got away from me, so I came 7th, but there was a sizable gap to the first 6. Still a good result considering I was up against faster divisions.

Well that concludes winter series track racing. I started the season by challenging myself, moving up a division. At the beginning of the season, I was struggling to stay on and was being dropped in a number of races. As the season progressed, I managed to sit in the bunch and then towards the end of the season I was placing in a race or two each night. I feel that my 2008 pre-accident fitness had returned and perhaps there was a bit extra there too. Look forward to the 2010 season.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

English Steel 1.6 © Saxon North Technologies