March 28, 2024, 04:03:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 5 (17th July) results  (Read 17673 times)
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

If it isn’t fixed its broken

« on: July 17, 2009, 03:09:57 PM »

Raw Track          
Race All Winter Track          
Dunc Gray  Velodrome, Sydney, Australia         
Week 5 July 17, 2009         

Results         

Round 1         
Warm up scratch race         
Novice    

1   Clifford Hayes      
2   Keiran Clough      

Div 5 heat 1          
1   Marian Renshaw      
2   Joanne Troutman      
3   Hayden Gallen      
4   Courtney Puzicha      

Div 5 heat 2          
1   Nathan Schibert      
2   Vince O'Dwyer      
3   Mike Newell      
4   Angus McKay      

Div 4            
1   Matt Lester      
2   Michael Langdon      
3   Alexis Kaless      
4   Peter Rox      

Div 3 heat 1         
1   Shaun Colley      
2   Alex Ramsay      
3   John Nguyen      
4   Allan Bontjer      

Div 3 heat 2         
1   Joshua Lester      
2   Darryl Thorncraft      
3   Stephen Joyce      
4   Mick Greck      

Div 2         
1   Scott Suine      
2   Scott Mills      
3   Nathan Hart      
4   Glen  Elton      

Div 1         
1   Mitchell Bullen      
2   Scott Law      
3   Jackson Law      
4   Tirian McManus      

Round 2         
The Cycleworld 2km Wheel-Race

1   Tirian McManus   10m   
2   Mitchell Bullen   5m   
3   Scott Mills   85m   
4   Jackson Law   0m   

Round 3         
Novice  H'cap    

1   Keiran Clough      
2   Clifford Hayes      

Win'N'Out Div 5 Heat 1         
1   Marian Renshaw      
2   Courtney Puzicha      
3   Hayden Gallen      
4   Victoria Armstrong      

Win'N'Out Div 5 heat 2          
1   Nathan Schibert      
2   David Bamba      
3   Vince O'Dwyer      
4   Gary Cunliffe      

Win'N'Out Div 4          
1   Andrew Brookfield      
2   Les Bull      
3   Brian Peters      
4   Chris Harris      

Win'N'Out Div 3 heat 1         
1   Alex Ramsay      
2   John Nguyen      
3   Kayla Salopek      
4   Darren Kelly      

Win'N'Out Div 3 heat 2         
1   George Lowe      
2   Sasha Belobrajdic      
3   Shaun Colley      
4   Neil Land      

Win'N'Out Div 2          
1   Scott Suine      
2   Carl Smith      
3   Scott Mills      
4   Ben Young      

Win'N'Out Div 1          
1   Scott Law      
2   Mitchell Bullen      
3   Chris Brown      
4   Brock Roberts      

Round 4         
Novice    

1   Keiran Clough      
2   Clifford Hayes      

Mystery  Div 5 Heat 1         
1   Harry Herne      
2   Joanne Troutman      
3   Hayden Gallen      
4   Victoria Armstrong      

Mystery  Div 5 Heat 2         
1   Mike Newell      
2   David Greenwood      
3   Angus McKay      
4   Norbert Gerold      

Mystery Div 4          
1   Brian Peters      
2   Andrew Brookfield      
3   Les Bull      
4   Matt Lester      

Mystery Div 3 Heat 1         
1   Alex Ramsay      
2   Wal Mullany      
3   John Nguyen      
4   Michael Buckingham      

Mystery Div 3 Heat 2         
1   George Lowe      
2   Owen Cooke      
3   Neil Land      
4   Jack Edwards      

Mystery Div 2          
1   Alex Chubb      
2   Scott Mills      
3   Glen Elton      
4   Jake Abramovic, Nosh Mistry       

Mystery Div 1          
1   Mitchell Bullen      
2   Gavin White      
3   Jackson Law      
4   Justin Tomlinson      

Round 5         
Quick group Combine

1   Nathan Schibert      
2   Peter Rox      
3   Norbert Gerold      
4   Vince O'Dwyer      

Fast group Combine         
1   Tim Briers      
2   Jack Edwards      
3   Allan Bontjer      
4   Nathan Bradshaw      

Faster group Combine

1   Alex Ramsay      
2   Ben Young      
3   Andrew Herlihan      
4   Nathan Hart      

Swerve Cafe / CNSW Time-Blaster   

Target time 8 min 51 sec for $100   

1   Jackson Law    8:43   51.6km/h
2   Darren Cash      
3   Graeme Allbon      
4   Tirian Mcmanus      

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 03:58:21 AM by Artson » Logged
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 03:23:00 PM »

Open invitation to all riders and spectators to write a report. Would love to hear about your experiences at RAW Track.
Trouty

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 10:27:58 PM »

Open invitation to all riders and spectators to write a report. Would love to hear about your experiences at RAW Track.

Division 5 - Heat 1
A special congratulations to the young boys from Southern Highlands whose combined ages (even after being multiplied by 2) don't add up to anywhere near my age - how depressing Sad. Anyway these kids always managed to get themselves into the top 3. It was also great to see fellow DHBC'ers Jessica Norman and Victoria coming up from Novice to Div 5.

Marian Renshaw took away a couple of convincing first places during the night in the Scratch and Winnin out. After discovering she was from cycling family royalty (mother to Columbia lead out sensation - Mark Renshaw), I convinced myself she must have taught Mark a thing or two, so coming 2nd to her in the scratch was pretty good.

Then after that, it was those young thundering Southern Highland guns who were always there at every turn. Harry Herne pretty much led the mystery race for the whole 17 laps, and I drafted him to get 2nd place. Then - just to rub it in, his team mate Hayden Gallen beats me at the line for 3rd (in the winnin out) by a millimetre. They are cute...but deadly, and took no mercy.

Anyway - again great fun and experience. Div 5 is always interesting given you have age ranges from 10 years old up to 50 plus, men and women of differing heights, weight and experience levels all competing together. I can't think of any other sport where this happens.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 01:26:02 AM by Trouty » Logged
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 12:44:25 PM »

The CycleWorld 2km Wheel-race

The first component of this event was to qualify through being in the top four of the round 1 divisional scratch race. The scratch races were very fast and exciting particularly the Division 1 race won by young Armidale rider Mitchell Bullen. Eventually we ended up with 16 riders spaced out in sets of four at 0m, 80m, 145m and 195m.

Mitchell Bullen Wins Sctach race

The start was dominated by two groups, the Div 3 group who formed a perfect pace line closing in quickly on the leaders and the scratch bunch, who looked well drilled and were screaming around the track in a perfect train.

Div 4 early leaders

At four laps to go Div 1 were just making contact with div 2 who in turn were on the verge of catching the combined Div 4 and 3 riders, however two riders had flown the coup. Alex Ramsay and Shaun Coley had passed div 4 and opened a sizable lead over the rest. They swapped turns but began to fade with 2 laps remaining and were past and dropped by the back makers who had left everyone bar Scott Mills behind.

Alex Ramsay (red) and Shaun Coley work hard.

Coming into the bell lap Scott was the first to jump seemingly boxing Mitchell Bullen on a tired Jackson Law’s wheel. Tirian launched off Scott’s wheel while Bullen was still trying to get out, he eventually got around Scott who was fading and drew up to the hip of Tirian in the final bend but missed the win by centimetres.  

Tirian McManus takes the win, only just!

After the race, I commented that the race seemed to be longer then 2km. On reviewing the video it became clear the race ran for 2.25km. I also carefully studied the flow of the race and it appears that the extra lap had very little influence on the final results. I apologies for the error.

Cycleworld, located at Burwood, is one of NSW’s leading track speciality Bicycle Shops and their representatives were on hand to set up a display of a small sample of the equipment they have to offer.

all photo's by actionsnaps www.actionsnaps.com.au
roxii

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 11:47:21 PM »

One small step for me.......

Well five weeks in to my first season of track racing and I’m learning lessons thick and fast.
I reached into my knicks and did a quick count and realized it was time to take the step up from Div 5 to Div 4. A few wins in Div 5 and a win in the 4-5 combine in previous weeks had me feeling guilty and looking to “extend myself”.

So with that in mind we rolled out for the “Warm up scratch” and sitting at second wheel with a lap and a half to guy I made the jump (after some gentle coercion from Crafty on the mic.) and just as I put my wheel in front there is an almighty crash behind. The race is neutralized for what seemed like 20 laps, and then stopped as they repair a divot, then we are back on for a furious five laps. I get hung out to dry with what must have been three laps to go, so kept on motoring only to get passed by three others in the finish straight. Fourth wasn’t bad, but qualifying for the wheel race was the beginning of the end. LOL!

In the wheel race first wheel took off like a scalded cat,(if you have a look on Action snaps he’s not even in the same photo as me LOL!)  and by the time I was on his wheel he swung up, I tried to do my turn then it was all over for me. The lactic from race one had hung around and joined the lactic from race two and they were partying in my quads.

The net result was that the wheel race was a disaster, the win and out consisted of everyone else going round and me trying to hang on and never troubling the scorers. The only mystery in the mystery race was “What the hell was I doing out there”. I was hoping Crafty would pull out the joker so we could hop off the bikes and decide the result with a quick round of scissors paper rock.

With only the combine left to try and salvage something from the night, once again I stupidly went to the front too early and got run down by a fast finishing Nathan Schibert, who passed me that quickly it would have parted my hair if only I was lucky enough to be the owner of some!

So once again I continue the theme set by George Lowe and Angus McKay of stupid triathletes spending too much time on the front. One day Ill learn.

Thanks for putting this on Crafty, most fun you can have going round in circles!
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 12:17:10 PM »

Video # 1
Div 3 Win'n'Out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28iqHThZspM

« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 10:21:27 AM by Artson » Logged
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 02:19:01 PM »

video #2

Time Blaster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR6Do_SBSDo
troublemaker

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 04:15:01 AM »

just checked out  the div. 3  U-tube link,[ spewin it wasn't my race.] but as i checked other related links I realised how good our racin sceene is here, all thanks to the crew of RAW. And how boring the other vids. look.
P.s
Do I get the RAW gloves for this suck up comment..
Brownie

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 06:54:29 AM »

Here is my view of the Division 1 warm-up race for Week 5.

A relatively warmish night compared to the prior Friday nights made the racing a little easier on the lungs and the legs as we rolled out for the Div 1 warm up race. With a few of the regular road runners missing in action some of the other riders may have thought that the pace may be a little easier without the leg snapping lead-out train settling in with 10 laps to go, well they were wrong. Instead the pace built up a little slower till 6 laps to go when a few of the young bucks were pushing out elbows and trading headbutts to jostle for position as the speed intensified. With 5 laps left to travel we were nudging the 55-57kmh mark waiting for someone to launch. Low and behold Ben Simonelli decided it was time to jump clear with 3 laps to go  which was an ambitious move considering he is more of a sprinter than pursuiter. Ben was swamped with just over a lap to go as an "out of town" Mitch Bullen stepped up a gear in true "Bullen"style. A few were caught unaware by this young blokes blistering speed. Armidale is a long way from RAWtrack and I'm sure Mitch enjoyed the rest of the night.     
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 09:50:23 AM »

UCI commisaire Peter Tomlinson quoted after the div 1 Warm up scratch "that was the best race I have seen all year"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

English Steel 1.6 Saxon North Technologies