March 29, 2024, 09:33:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing SSS  (Read 52930 times)
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

If it isn’t fixed its broken

« on: March 24, 2010, 12:23:11 PM »

Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 01:03:02 PM »

Hi guys and gals
Introducing the "Sydney Sprint Series" an event dedicated to match sprinting. What an amazing opportunity to hone your sprint skills against opponents of similar speed

How does it work?
Prologue – All riders ride a 200m fly this seeds riders from #1 down.
We then sort riders into sub groups of 8

Rounds 1, 2 and 3 – All riders progress through seeded rounds, with the final round determining your overall position

Here is a diagram to show your progression
This diagram is for 1-8, it will be the same format for 9-16, 17-24 and so on.

All riders will get 1 200m fly + 3 sprint rounds, with the final sprint round being the best of three (time permiting)  it does not matter if you are sprinting for 1st and 2nd or 31st and 32nd everyone gets the same amount of racing.

Who can race?
U17’s up
Women, Masters, Elite etc, it doesn’t matter as your 200m fly will place you against riders of similar speed.

What time does it start and finish?
We start at 10am and depending on numbers should be finished by 2pm
At RAW track we tend to pump through the races quickly

How do I enter?
All entries are on the day @ DGV
Preferably before 10am, defiantly before 10:20am

What can we win?
This is really more about gaining experience and doing something that is rarely done outside of championship events, however:
1st Outright wins $200 cash
2nd wins $100
3rd wins $50

Bring it on!

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 01:23:01 PM by Artson » Logged
Fats

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 11:51:07 PM »

Sounds pretty damn good. BIKE mag had a story about a Melbourne club having a series like this and thought wouldn't it be great if we had someone game enough to do here it as well. Apparently it is so popular that the quota fills very quick and it wouldn't surprise me the same doesn't happen here. Well done Paul. I hope I am free to challenge for reverse first.
granny aged female

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 03:07:51 AM »

Sounds like a great idea to me.  But I will have to decide between club (road champs)  and this.

(I am the current Kooragang F grade champion)

The challenge however, will be: will anyone be slow enough to be truly my level turn up and give it a go.

I have always competed against others who are at least half a second faster than me.

In the recent Masters' Track Sprint titles my 200 time was  16.139

Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 11:11:36 AM »

The nature of this event is that I cannot predict who will sign-on; it could range from sub 11 second riders all the way to 16.2 second riders like yourself.

The clash with your club champs is unfortunate as I am sure you are very proud of your win last year.
troublemaker

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 03:43:40 AM »

just so I do understand [but I probably wont],[but I'll try]<[and that's a lie]. The heats after the Qual. round are three lap events, not your one lap screamers.
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 10:44:03 PM »

That is correct
After your 200m fly which seeds you, all races are match (2 up) sprints over 3 laps.
You are never eliminated, just improve or worsen your overall position depending on your results. Everyone gets the same amount of sprints.
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 08:10:38 AM »

Hey Guys

Just a quick note to ensure that you are aware of The Sydney Sprint Series I am running next weekend (Saturday) 24th April 2010

This is a Trial Event
This is the first time this event has been run in Sydney and will need the backing of cyclists like you to ensure its success. If it is popular I will endeavour to repeat the series again during the year and hope it can become a sprinting institution in the way it has in Victoria. Visit http://sss.aboc.com.au/ to see how popular this format has become. To rent the DGV and officials for such an event is not cheap. So I will need decent numbers to ensure a success. Let your friends know!

More information
As always the first point of call is the RAW Track website www.rawtrack.com.au
Entries are on the day with 200m fly’s starting the event at 10am. This will seed all riders and determine who you will be sprinting against in round 1. The draw is broken into grades of 8, so you should be sprinting (2 up sprints) against people of similar speed.  Everyone gets the same amount of racing whether you are sprinting for 1st or 31st.

I’m not Sprint fit
Big deal! You will still be sprinting against riders of similar speed. You will get a heap of practice and develop new tactics in match sprinting whilst having a load of fun. If the event is a success and runs again, you can show us all next time how quick you are or how much you have improved.

RSVP
If you email me your interest I can put you on the printed list which will speed up sign on. This does not mean you are committed  to turn up, but it will help me with logistics if you do.
Send your name and club, to pcraft@vtown.com.au

Spread the word and hope to see you at the Dunc.

r2160

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 12:48:16 AM »

Hi Paul

Just to clarify, what is the entry fee?

cheers
Glenn
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 02:59:17 AM »

Reluctantly it has to be $20 ($15 for juniors)

I have to cover:
•   DGV rental
•   2 x Commisaire fees.
•   Digital timing and personnel
•   First aid
•   Prize money
•   Reimburse, result keeper and track assistant.
•   + a load of other extra’s

And still try and put some money in my wife’s purse to explain why I have been so busy and away from the kids.
r2160

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 10:00:57 AM »

No that OK, not really much when you consider the quality of the facility that we are using!!

cheers
Glenn
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 02:14:44 AM »

CNSW have just informed me that unfortunately the Scoreboard is still malfunctioning and they are waiting on a part from America.
Thus we will not have the luxury of seeing our 200m fly times immediately.
It also means I have a reduction in costs for personel and operations.

Entries will now be $15 Adults ($10 Jnrs)

Cheesy
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 03:47:32 AM »

Doors open @ 9am
Warm up ends at 9:55am
First 200m fly will be at 10am
Entries are preferred before 10am however will close at 10:20am
Entry fee $15  Jnrs $10

dr_rob

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 11:47:18 PM »

What a great day - first time on the DGV, makes my local look like a goat track.

Big thanks to the organisers for putting on such an awesome event.

Looking forward to heading down again soon for the next event. Expect another vocal contingent of Newcastle riders.
r2160

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 12:39:29 PM »

As usual Paul, you ran a great event. It went smoothly and we had a blast (even if I had trouble walking today LOL).

Looking forward to the next raw track date!!!

cheers
Glenn

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

English Steel 1.6 © Saxon North Technologies