March 28, 2024, 11:24:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Raw Track....??????????????  (Read 26493 times)
Tony U

« on: May 31, 2010, 04:42:17 AM »

Hey Paulie, whats happening this year? I realise there have been some changes out the track and my much loved pastime of a beer, a pasta and the second half of the footy after racing wont be happening this year, but please tell me there is still going to be racing this year..... nature abhors a vacuum, and a few rumours are starting to circulate.... You are directly responsible for middle aged punters like me getting into track, so give us the (hopefully good) news mate...
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

If it isn’t fixed its broken

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 09:41:25 AM »

RAW will start June 11
Just jumping through a couple of hoops

I appreciate that the promotion has not be great and apologise
But will go large shortly!
matty brown

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 02:04:36 AM »

Hi there and any one tell me what time it start as l have not ridend the friday night's races in about 3 years and won't to come a along but do have something on that night but will try to get out of it  Cry Cry Cry
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 06:02:38 AM »

Hi Guys

Some issues have arisen and at best the start of RAW will have to be delayed.
I apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued support
alchemist

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 09:57:46 PM »

oh bugger!

Cashy

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 03:27:48 AM »

Venue issues Paul?  Anything the RAW community can do to help?
Tony U

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 01:34:19 AM »

Letter to Kevin Young

Kevin,

I am sure Paul does not want to say too much as he is in negotiations, but he had originally planned to run the first Friday night winter track racing round next Friday 11th of June.

I am sure you would agree that Paul has been solely responsible for a considerable period of growth in track racing both in NSW and nationally by virtue of his series, indeed many of your membership has taken up track cycling because of the winter series. I would add this has added substantially to my commitment and participation levels in all CNSW events

Many of your members have also invested substantially in track equipment on the basis they can get a reasonable amount of use out of the stuff.

I would hope the management of CNSW and CA would realise how important the conduct of a winter track racing series is in delivering a product your members want and patronize.

There has been a distinct lack of information and I believe it is incumbent upon CNSW to inform the membership of what is going on. In my view it would be a bad thing for the membership and the administration if this series were lost.

Yours in sport.

Tony Unicomb (on behalf of many that don’t want to write..)
matty brown

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 05:19:18 AM »

that's a bugger l was all keen to race on my birthday to as well Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
simoeightyseven

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 06:26:21 AM »

I would go and race anywhere.. be it tempe, hurstville or lidcombe....

Just put the race on and I will go....

Weather is a problem, but I think just look at the radar the night before.. if it says fine its on, if there is a chance of rain its off...

chubbsie

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 11:08:14 AM »

Dont want to fuel speculation in anyway, but if worst comes to worst DHBC could certainly organise something at tempe.
Tony U

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 07:26:02 PM »

Im a wimp.... indoors or not at all....

But seriously, a legacy of an Olympics is that the sporting facilities be turned over to public use. I have been to a few Olympic cities, like LA, Montreal and a few others and this is the case.

Our tax dollars paid for the facility, lets not forget that.

I believe that the sporting public i.e. punters i.e. us has a right to expect to be able to use these facilities, and if there are roadblocks in the way then maybe we should band together to see if they can be overcome. Paul gives an enormous amount of time and effort to the series and this should be recognised.

I dont know what the issues are, just the result. Lets hope they can be overcome.
Brian

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 02:04:23 AM »

Hi Tony

We all want to promote the use of DGV if possible.
With the Tavern closing there are a number of points that event promoters need to think through as the use of the DGV is no longer as simple as before.

We'd all love RAW to commence as soon as possible and I agree RAW not only adds to the local racing scene but also to racing around NSW during the track season.
Cashy

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 06:34:58 AM »

It would be nice for CNSW members to be told what these issues are.  Perhaps some of us can do something to help resolve them.

I hope that it isn't being left solely up to Paul to 'think through'.  The RAW series deserves some recognition and assistance from CNSW and Cycling Australia.
Tony U

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 08:26:59 AM »

Hi Tony

We all want to promote the use of DGV if possible.
With the Tavern closing there are a number of points that event promoters need to think through as the use of the DGV is no longer as simple as before.

We'd all love RAW to commence as soon as possible and I agree RAW not only adds to the local racing scene but also to racing around NSW during the track season.

Well I would agree with all that. Certainly the value of the facility is lessened to promoters as the tavern is no longer there.

I would patronise it regularly and it was also an enticer to get friends and family to come out and watch the racing knowing they could get a feed and some relaxation next door.

Here is hoping the racing is on huh?
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 11:46:23 AM »

Hi all
I know the silence has been deafening!
I am hoping to make an announcement soon, in the meantime please be patient.
Once again I personally apologise for the inconveniences caused.

Cheers Paul  
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 07:16:30 AM by Artson » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

English Steel 1.6 © Saxon North Technologies