March 29, 2024, 03:21:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RAW Track 2010 Starts 25th June  (Read 15025 times)
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

If it isn’t fixed its broken

« on: June 11, 2010, 05:50:04 AM »

The RAW Track season for 2010 will start on the Friday 25th of June.

As many are aware the later start is due to some issues that needed to be resolved before starting the season. The great news is that the contract has been secured for two more years. I would like to thank CNSW for their constant support throughout the process.

5 Divisions + Newbies

•   Div 1- Serious “hard-core” top class athletes. This division hosts a number of Australian champions.
•   Div 2- Only slightly easier. This division hosts some former and current Master World medallists.
•   Div 3- Now we’re talking. This grade has fast racing for riders who race hard but train soft.
•   Div 4- Love your racing but hate to train. This division is for those who are learning or those who just enjoy the fun.
•   Div 5 –Too young, too new or just too slow. Bring it on.
•   Novice/Div5- This is for first timers
•   
Novice Grade
•   Five years ago a novice grade was introduced and proved to be extremely successful.
•   In fact we now have Australian Representatives who started track racing in Div 5
•   Four years ago Kaarle McCullock did her first FNWTR race in Div 5 now she is duel UCI World Champion.
•   Novice races are usually of a simple nature and are intended to be less competitive.
•   Each night there will be 3 novice races
•   Novice riders are not eligible to ride the round 5 combines
•   Novice riders earn entry points but do not accumulate placing points towards the point score

See you at the track for week 1 of RAW soon.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 06:14:48 AM by Artson » Logged
road_kill_ryan

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 06:05:36 AM »

Sad friday before tamworth. maybe week2.

thank you for all ur hard work getting rawtrack organised and actually running this year. hope to have some good racing.
Cashy

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 08:35:41 AM »

The RAW Track season for 2010 will start on the Friday 25th of June.

matty brown

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 10:20:51 PM »

yes that is all good but what time dose it start
Ray Gorrell

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 12:23:18 PM »

Whoo Hooo !!
jbcow

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 07:26:01 AM »

Excellent.

A question for Paul: I've tried to reserve my number (ie brought forward from last year) but haven't heard back (used this email address: pcraft@vtown.com.au). How do we confirm rider numbers?

Looking forward to the racing.
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 07:53:26 AM »

Sorry J

I did get your email just hadn't got around to addressing the race number issue.

Anyone who turns up with their number in the first three weeks will have their number reserved (Bold on website)
Alternatively you can email me and I will either Bold or add your name to the list. I will make your number ready for week one if required.

After week 3 un-bolded numbers are up for grabs.
paulmg

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 09:40:11 AM »

Hello, A question in regard to "Newbie" div, I guess you would need a track bike?
I have always wanted to have a go, but am getting on a bit (late 50's) I do regular recreational
PG
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 10:18:32 AM »

We run 5 divisions + a Novice Grade. Each division gets a minimum of 4 races a night.
The Novice Grade is reserved for first time track riders and gets 3 races of a very simple nature; the grade is also limited to a max field of 9 riders. if we have more then 9 we split into two groups.
Race entry is $15 or $10 student’s spectators are free.

What you need:
Track Bike: some clubs have hire ones
Cycling Australia Licence: Day licences are available ($33 each)
Australian Standards Helmet
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

English Steel 1.6 Saxon North Technologies