March 28, 2024, 10:11:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's this topic about  (Read 14009 times)
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

If it isn’t fixed its broken

« on: May 03, 2009, 11:31:41 AM »

Chew the Fat.
Open discusion re: anything, RAW Track related or not.
Boostland

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 11:04:15 AM »

Hoping to attend quite a few meets this season, and don't want to repeat my last race at RAW.

I am just visible under that pile of carnage.

Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 01:03:39 PM »

Hopefully the Newcastle crew can make it once a month in an organised car pool.

Additionally Boostland you are a lot better rider now from the one in this shot.
masso

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 12:13:23 AM »

Looking forward to new season and coming down from Newcaslte

keep it ruuber side down
Runner0023

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 03:06:51 AM »

From Newcastle.....!!!! you must be a keen track rider!
I thought I was stretching it by driving from Wollongong (1 hour) !
mikesbytes

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 11:23:14 AM »

Hoping to attend quite a few meets this season, and don't want to repeat my last race at RAW.

I am just visible under that pile of carnage.

Is that the crash where Huw Morgan slid down the track and took out other riders like a bowling ball?
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 01:03:08 PM »

A segment of my official report to CNSW re the above accident.

Side note the below report has to be completed for almost every significant racing incident. So please stay upright!

Summary    .  

Round 1  Division 2  “Warm Up Scratch Race”

An accident occurred in the Division 2 Scratch race.  Four riders fell. They were:
•   Huw Morgan .......DHBC
•   Carl Smith.........NSCC
•   Michael Probert.....KCC
•   Stephan Melrose.....SSCC

Riders were attended to by the First Aid Officers Jim Bradman and Ky Wittich. All riders were able to leave the track without aid.

It was deemed that the fall occurred mid race after a rider swung up from second wheel, although this did not result in an incident it caused a slowing in the field and riders to spread over the track.

At this point in the middle of bends 3 and 4, rider # 76 Huw Morgan failed to maintain a respectable speed and lost traction and began a slide from almost the top of the track. Rider #76 collected rider # 92 (Carl Smith) and #2 (Michael Probert) along the way down the track.
Rider # 90 (Stephan Melrose) was the last to fall as he tried to ride under the fallen riders on the bottom of the track.    

Race was subsequently stopped by Commissaire as it was not clear if it was safe for the race to continue while fallen riders were attended to by officials.  

All riders were re-checked by first aid officers post leaving the track and helmets were checked for damage.  

The track was thoroughly checked for damage and none was detected. Some minor track damage was sanded however; this was believed to have been caused by an incident outside of this event.

Completed Follow up
•   Contacted Huw Morgan. He has indicated that he is very sore but confident he will recover quickly as nothing is broken.  
•   Have sent emails to other riders and I am awaiting feedback

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

English Steel 1.6 Saxon North Technologies