March 28, 2024, 11:27:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any news from hospital?  (Read 17062 times)
Cashy

« on: July 23, 2010, 10:59:40 PM »

Paul - any news on the unfortunate victim of last night's crash?
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

If it isn’t fixed its broken

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 06:59:44 AM »

I have just got off the phone with the little man himself, he is on his way home after a 16hr visit to Westmead.
Great news is no broken bones.
no damage to any internal organs
He is having trouble walking at the moment, but the doctors have indicated that he should fully recover.

I would like to wish Peiden a speedy and full recovery.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 11:46:20 AM by Artson » Logged
Cashy

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 08:53:03 AM »

Phew, that's good news.

It was a particularly nasty looking crash - how he came out of it with no broken bones is beyond me.

All the best with the recovery little dude.
Acecale
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 05:18:01 AM »

I remember the time when the crash happened. Fortunately, he is not in a serious condition at that time. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 08:10:44 AM by Artson » Logged
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

If it isn’t fixed its broken

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 07:10:59 AM »

From Peidens Dad

Thought I’d give you an update on Peiden. He’s recuperating quite well, not doing too many painkillers which is good, moving about a bit more freely and the bruise is starting to appear more and more each day. He'll probably be home from school until Thursday at least. Bit of a miracle really – as you said it looked really bad.

He is still keen to do state road titles in 2/12 weeks

Also sincere thanks for your concern and that of many, many others plus of course the medical attention on the scene.
Iana

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 08:24:38 AM »

Fantastic news to hear he is okay. It certainly did look very bad.

Don't know what it was about last Friday but there must have been a full moon somewhere. I was almost brought down in the Div 2 warm up scratch race and there were many other incidents.

We need to remember race hard and strong but there are no world titles on the line so above all be smart about how you ride because it may not be you that goes down but someone that you cause to fall and us old geezers don't mend as quick as we used to Smiley
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 08:26:47 AM by Iana » Logged
headturn

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 07:01:42 AM »

I think it was the tour, everyone up to watch shlek vs bertie, then off to work and then track with 5 hours sleep.

That race was hectic, one/ a few rider/s kept moving up as if to go over the top, but then gave up and stopped pedaling, so everyone who locked onto that train to go move up had to either stop very quickly of look for some space to slot into.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

English Steel 1.6 © Saxon North Technologies