April 29, 2024, 05:19:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 9 (AUg 12 2011) results + reports  (Read 11469 times)
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

If it isn’t fixed its broken

« on: August 14, 2011, 10:07:49 AM »

sorry for the lengthy delay in results.
My weekend has been hectic
Friday : RAW track
Saturday: Dargle farm 12hr MTB event
Sunday: Dargle Farm Shimano GP 8 hr event

I have only just got home
will post shortly

Paul
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »

RAW Track          
Race All Winter Track          
Dunc Grey Velodrome, Sydney, Australia         
Week  9 ---- 12 August  2011         

Results   

Round 1         
Warm up scratch race         

Div 5          
1   David Jansch   Y   
2   Camilla Norman   B   
3   Tom Bolton   R   
4   Andrew Royan   G   

Div 4          
1   Vic Svacek   o   
2   Mark Yewdall   o   
3   Tim O'Mahony   b   
4   Tim Bardsley-Smith   p   

Div 3         
1   Nathan Garard   R   
2   Hugh Gray   Y   
3   Charles Dalrymple-Hay   P   
4   Julien Yuen   G   

Div 2         
1   Michael Popplewell   B   
2   Geoff Baxter   O   
3   Ji Waldron   B   
4   Nosh Mistry   R   

Div 1         
1   Tirian McManus   O   
2   Mark Jewell   Y   
3   Nick Yallouris   R   
4   Gavin White   B   

Round 2         
no race          

Round 3         
Kierins          
Novice          
Nov heat 1         
1   Simon Bolton      
2   Steven Mackay      
3   Todd Turner      
Div 5          
Div 5 heat 1         
1   Dean Varndell   G   
2   Tom Bolton   R   
3   David Jansch   Y   
4   Camilla Norman   B   

Div 4          
Div 4 heat 1         
1   Jim Lewis   G   
2   Rob Hacker   Y   
3   Phillip Dobe   G   
4   Mark Yewdall   O   

Div 4 heat 2         
1   Vic Svacek   O   
2   Garrath Styles   R   
3   Warren Phillips   G   
4   Nick Duggan   R   

Div 4 heat 3         
1   Richard Measures   O   
2   Rob Wright   O   
3   Lizanne Wilmot   R   
4   Rob Parberry   B   

Div 3         
Div 3 heat 1         
1   Catherine Culvenor   O   
2   Lise Benjamin   B   
3   Emma Sprouster   O   
4   Joanne Troutman   Y   

Div 3 heat 2         
1   James Fowler   G   
2   Jack Schwarze   R   
3   David Greenwood   B   
4   Rhys Edwards   R   

Div 2          
Div 2 heat 1         
1   Michael Popplewell   B   
2   Scott Trayhurn   G   
3   Dennis Mak   R   
4   Darryl Thorncraft   O   

Div 2 heat 2         
1   Matt Beazley   R   
2   Nosh Mistry   R   
3   Micaheal Smith   B   
4   Michael Churchward   G   

Div 2 heat 3         
1   Geoff Baxter   O   
2   Richard Pettigrew   Y   
3   Chris Ludlam   O   
4   Jared Mills   O   

Div 1          
Div 1 heat 1         
1   Jake Abramovic   P   
2   David Browne   B   
3   Aaron Latinovic   Y   
4   Rick McArdle   G   

Div 1 heat 2         
1   Mark Jewell   Y   
2   Nick Yallouris   R   
3   Paul Bayly   G   
4   Reece Robinson   P   

Div 1 Heat 3         
1   Tirian McManus   O   
2   David Stevens   G   
3   Gavin White   P   
4   David Willmott   R   

Round 4         
Novice Handicap           
1   Steven Mackay      
2   Simon Bolton      
3   Todd Turner      

Motor Pace Races          

Motor Pace Div 5           
1   Dean Varndell   G   
2   David Jansch   Y   
3   Camilla Norman   B   
4   Andrew Belford   O   

Motor Pace Div 4          
1   Vic Svacek   O   
2   Phillip Dobe   G   
3   Rob Hacker   Y   
4   Nick Duggan   R   

Motor Pace  Div 3         
1   Hugh Gray   Y   
2   James Fowler   G   
3   Nathan Garard   R   
4   Jack Schwarze   R   

Motor Pace  Div 2         
1   Micaheal Smith   B   
2   Geoff Baxter   O   
3   Michael Popplewell   B   
4   Michael Churchward   G   

Motor Pace  Div 1         
1   Tirian McManus   O   
2   David Stevens   G   
3   Nick Yallouris   R   
4   Mark Jewell   Y   

Round 5         
Super Italian          

5th V's 6th          
1   Yellow   (edited clerical error)
2   Purple      

3rd Vs 4th          
0   Red   Yet to be determined...... At the venue call was for Red. will check Video for final result    
0   Blue      

1st V's 2nd          
1   Orange      
2   Green      

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 10:30:01 PM by Artson » Logged
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 10:22:07 AM »

Final Results

1st = Orange = + 10 points
2nd = Green = + 8 pts
3rd = Red = + 6 pts
4th = Blue = + 4 pts
5th = Yellow = + 2 pts (edited after clerical error)
6th =  = Purple+ 1 pt
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:39:16 AM by Artson » Logged
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 10:49:16 AM »

Photo's www.actionsnaps.com.au

the mighty team Orange

Tirian Div 1 team orange leader shows priase to his team-mates
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:01:55 AM by Artson » Logged
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 10:51:18 AM »

nicked from http://www.bikesmoveus.com.au/showthread.php?t=4624&page=23

Team Green Reporter

Definitely my best week so far, albeit in Div 5. Rode for the green time with Chamois.

Scratch
I think the Div 5 riders up the Italian Pursuit for the scratch. 4 people dropped out before the finish line - huh? One guy who I've yet to see finish a race took off like it was a three lap screamer and everyone went with him. I pretty much held fifth wheel for most of the race and was really struggling by the finish. Not the start I was expecting after being pretty comfortable last week. Think I finished in 5th or 6th. Not feeling too good about the other races after that.

Keirin
Rolled out in second wheel behind a rider who I knew was slower than me so already had an attack in mind after the first lap. Pace built up nicely and the first half of the race was nice and steady and I still felt comfortable come the last durney lap. As the durney pulled off with two laps to go, I was already moving up out of 2nd wheel - last week I got completely boxed in from the same position because I moved too late - not this week though. Went pretty high round the bend, which gave me a nice line going down into the straight, kept the pace going and was waiting for some one to come over the top of me. Could hear Crafty saying 'looks like the race is sewn up, he's got the pace' and I was expecting to see someone come flying past me, but it didn't happen and there I was crossing the line for my first ever win on the track. Very happy.

Motorpace
This pretty much kicked off like the Keirin but went for longer. Positioned myself about fourth wheel from the start as I thought this would put me a good position once everyone had taken a turn on the front - very mistaken. The first problem was that the rider sitting behind the durnery didn't budge, just stayed there so the positions stayed the same for 10 laps - wasn't really planning for that. Think it was the durney riders first time riding motorpace. As he was on the last durney lap, Crafty was telling him to speed up and pull up. The durney rider only heard speed up. Now I think the purpose of this, is the durney just speeds up and rides up out of the way and the field just continue at their current pace or start to build a little for the last 5 laps, this didn't happen. Everyone tried to keep pace with the durney until he eventually pulled up leaving everyone riding like there were two laps to go. I knew I couldn't keep the pace up for 5 laps, so I backed off and let everyone pass me. Eventually decided to hop on the back of the last person passing me, overtaking the two riders in the front. This left me at fifth wheel sat behind a giant on a Giant. Was pretty much able to conserve for the next three laps behind the giant. 2 laps to go sitting on fifth wheel I decided to kick. Think the giant followed me but was a bit late with the reaction. Kept increasing the pace steadily for the last two laps, but this time with a few cheeky glances behind I knew I was sitting ok, but have to say it's always that last corner where I think I'm going to get overtaken by the rest of the field. Crossed the line first with about two bike lengths on the giant - 2nd win of the night. Who'd of thought it.

Italian Super Pursuit
Not so sure what was so Super about the Italian pursuit, apart from the super way we lost. Raced in the final against the orange team. I was first out in front of another Div 5 rider. Had a discussion with him before about who should lead out, me or him. I was pretty confident I had the pace on him so thought he should've lead out but didn't really want to force the situation and he reckoned he'd be ok. The race started and I took off on the first corner, halfway down the straight I looked back to see that I'd just taken off way too fast. Eased up to let them catch me and hopefully let 2nd wheel conserve some energy for at least one lap. Gradually increased the pace and then that was me done. Wished I was riding at least 2nd wheel as I had a lot more to give. Don't know if it would have made much difference to the result. The orange team actually caught us with about 4 laps to go. Not the best way to loose, would be more dignified if we at least went the distance.

But the green team finished 2nd and I'd won two of my races - couldn't ask for much more. Topped off the night with a celebratory sausage.

Another cracking RAW night. I'm dreading the last RAW night because I'm not sure what happens once its finished and I'm not even close to being ready for it to end.

Team Blue Reporter

Raw Track - Week 9
Team night; no points for an individual for wins, points go towards team colours. Team points determine the positions for the Super Italian! So blue team for me tonight

Race 1 - scratch. For the first time in ages this was a calm race. No one went silly straight away, which was nice for a change. So again this was all about getting into the right position at the right time. I spent some time behind another blue rider saving some energy. As I saw some of the riders near the middle slow I headed up to the front thinking I'd be in a good position for the end. All in all good position about 4 wheel, behind Drastic! The two riders rolled up within a lap of each other with about 4 laps to go. Drastic kicked. Oh crap, this was going to be pain. We got a gap and did half turns for a lap or so. Then Drastic stopped rolling up, and when he finally did I had to go. Stupidly I looked back and lost some momentum coming in bell lap. Tried to stay away but didn't have the power. I think I came third, not sure.

2nd race - Keirin race; Started in 5 wheel behind another blue team rider. The durney wasn't that quick for the first 5 1/2 laps. When it came off with 2 1/2 to go we all went and pretty much all at the same pace. I went high as I felt slightly faster than the other blue team rider; but he went high too and so did the people below. Everyone finished tight; again no idea of placing either 4th or 5th.

3rd race motor pacing - The durney sets the pace for 10 of 15 laps. Rule is that you can't just sit behind it all the time, you have to roll up after one lap. Started off got caught near the back. Settled into the pace and saw a couple of riders start to move up. Thought I'd get a wheel and followed a guy moving through up banks who then just sat up. WTF? 3 laps in and you're pulling out? I had to slow and watched the whole race roll away from me. Pushed to get back to the other riders. Got back and then another rider sat up causing another split and slow down. I was on the wrong side again. More gap bridging, then I got on drastic's wheel once more. We caught another group, who then sat up. WTF guys. Drastic worked hard for a few laps to pull us back to the lead groups. Then I went past him, and tried to push in and another sat up. More bloody work to do. Finally hit the front guys pushing really hard on the last 2 laps. I had nothing just had to keep turning. One guy went off the front and no-one went with him. I was racing for second with no team members around. Just keep on turning and see what happens. Everyone came in around the same speeds I went over the top. We had 4 of us hit the line at around the same time. No idea what position I was in.

Super Italian - we were racing against team red on the back straight. We were two riders down, so the first 3 riders had to do 2 laps each meaning I was up for 7 laps here. Which is fine by me. We started well, the first rider had a good pace and we ramped it up nicely. We got within 60m of the red team at one point. The Second rider rolled his two turns at good pace as well. The third rider pushed through. First lap was good, second felt a little slower. I had to push a little and ramp up the speed. Felt good and was pushing well by the end of my lap. Still had more in me though.
The race wrapt up with red pulling the distance back and the result to be undetermined on the line. We won't find out until tomorrow the result.

So a odd night of racing, where I was hoping for more teamwork from other team members that wasn't there at times. Good to finish with the Italian though.

Oh and nice work to HelloTreacle, I won't spoil his report but he's done well this week!

And I'm so gutted I'm going to miss the next 3 weeks.

Team Red Reporter

Tonight was pretty good, everyone from here rode excellently. I can't get over Timo though - that dude rode like a madman and it was inspiring! To top it off, he's a nice guy to boot.
Churchy rode some really good races and seems to have all his tactics down, as he's rarely in a bad position. I'm sorry Dean but I didn't see too many of your races, I must have been trying not to pass out instead of watching yours
Here's how my night went: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/105874523

Warm-up scratch- 15 laps, it was great that they got the ladies to roll out first, because they are not chock full of testosterone and set a good smooth pace to wind things up. This really suits me as I always seem to have heavy legs, however by tonight around lap 5 or 6 I was feeling ok. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX(artson edit) and instead of letting them go and reeling them in slowly, people jumped everywhere and tried to catch up. I got on the wheel of a guy from my club (Fowler) who I know attacks from 3 or 4 laps out every night, and I just couldn't hold his wheel as he rode off the front. In the end he got caught by Nathan Gerrard who was running a hard gear and he took the win, which was handy as he was on the red team. Go red!

Keirin- I love keirins because they are just as much about tactics and positioning, as they are about speed and sprinting. Unless you are div 3 that is. A message to all div 3 riders: when the bike pulls off, you don't have to sprint straight away! I hung in there and bumped shoulders with one of the guys coming into the last straight and I think I only managed 4th after coming round in second. I felt like I was pedaling squares and just couldn't go any faster.

Motorpace- I'd rather not talk about it. We sat at 45km/h warming up I think, then the bike got faster and after 6 or 7 laps I was cooked and rolled up from 4th wheel. I was the 5th or so person to drop out I think, so no shame there.

Italian Pursuit- I don't like this event, because it combines endurance with sprinting to a degree. We had a good team and communication (read: yelling) during an italian is key. Our lower div riders did really, really well, and then it was my turn and I died in the arse and we didn't accelerate at all. We ended up winning though by about .01 of a second. They are going to review the photo finish tonight to confirm the results it was that close. Good times!

Compared to last week, I feel much better about myself and where I am after tonight. My match fitness is slowly creeping up and I think next week or the week after I might see some results. Crafty said I looked like I'd lost 10kg, but I've actually lost about 12-14kg since the start of the year. I think my shrinking gut is costing me sprint power, as I always feel like I'm out of gas.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:00:14 AM by Artson » Logged
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 11:35:24 AM »

1.team Red front straight
2. team blue Back straight

« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:55:44 PM by Artson » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: