March 29, 2024, 02:18:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 2 (June 26)  (Read 27895 times)
mikesbytes

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 02:17:21 PM »

Didn't arrive in time for warmup, so what's new

10 lap scratch
Pace was easy, but I was blocked in at the rear, at the end I got unblocked but was too far back, so I found myself a clear line but didn't sprint, saving my energy for later.

3 lap scratch
Never a good race for me, so I tried a different strategy, I took off first and sprinted hard, so to make the race as fast as possible. I was taken with about 130 metres to go and I knew I wouldn't be able to out sprint them so I just rolled to the line. During the race I didn't know what was happening behind me, I was told that the I had the other riders stressed, they struggled to hold on, but they did hold on

15 lap winners race
This was probably my best bet for the evening but I didn't make it out on to the track, spent the next 20 minutes fixing the spokes on my front wheel which had come loose. Its only the 3rd time I've used the bike and the front wheel needs a rebuild, with some locktight. Lucky I had a spoke spanner.

10 lap combined Div2 Div3 scratch race
After about 4 laps I was on the front, the pace wasn't that bad so I decided to stay there. George the rider who had nearly taken me out last week came on my outside and then just stopped, it meant that I had no where to roll, so I moved upwards and pushed him up the track, I was hoping he would take the lead, but he didn't, then the other riders came thru on the inside, this left me with no one to follow and I just worked backwards.

So no glory again this week, hopefully next week I'll be in better nick, complete with a rebuilt front wheel.

Setup - I need to reduce stress on the glutes, increase stress on the hamstrings, while leaving the quads where they are. Any suggestions
jock

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 11:34:19 PM »

Setup - I need to reduce stress on the glutes, increase stress on the hamstrings, while leaving the quads where they are. Any suggestions

Wear flats instead of stillettos  Wink

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

English Steel 1.6 © Saxon North Technologies