March 28, 2024, 09:34:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New RAW Track Logo ??  (Read 47471 times)
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

If it isn’t fixed its broken

« on: June 10, 2013, 11:37:35 AM »

For 2013, in conjunction with BABICI Studio Design , we have been working on a new identity for RAW Track to make it an easily recognisable product/brand.

To start with the logo needs to be re-designed for numerous reasons. The design team at BABICI have put forward an intentionally controversial design for the RAW Track logo. It is indeed striking, looks awesome and links directly to cycling. But is it too controversial?  

I need to know what you think. RAW Track is a grass roots event and thus belongs to the riders. Please voice your opinion and/or vote on the poll.  

Cheers Paul  

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:39:42 AM by Artson » Logged
lizanne

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 01:55:33 AM »

Racing All Winter doesn't roll off the tongue as well as Race All Winter

but i like the idea of Babici creating a new logo.  maybe a poll to ask if we want it to look more Euro, Mod, hipster? other.  could we get a few designs to choose from? i kinda like the new logo.  not sure if it's better than the old one

see you friday!
peterst6906

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 10:17:18 AM »

Dear Paul,

In relation to the new logo, I hope the following feedback is useful:

1. colors

I don't know if it's the addition of the UCI colors that you referenced as potentially controversial, but they certainly give it a much more official/competitive feel than the old logo.

I like the design It seems more modern, cleaner and a step up in professionalism than the old logo (not that the old logo is unprofessional in anyway, the new design just seems more polished).

I'm not a huge fan of the UCI colors on it myself, so perhaps I could suggest going for the pale and dark blue colors of NSW sporting teams, which would tie the logo into the location more. At the moment, like the old logo, the new one could be anywhere, but the use of the light blue / dark blue combination would tie it directly to NSW and Dunc Gray.

2. slogan

It doesn't quite work at the moment. It isn't catchy. I can see the reason for adding it, because the word 'Track' is no longer in the title, but like lizanne, I'm not sure that it rolls off the tongue too well.

My alternative suggestion would be "Winter Track Racing".

In any event, thanks in advance for running RAW. For trackies who don't ride road, winter would otherwise be a bit barren for competition, so RAW is a valuable addition to the yearly program and I hope it's is supported by enough riders to keep it profitable (I wish the Sydney Sprint Series was the same).

Regards,

Peter
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:22:35 AM by peterst6906 » Logged
cadel Evans

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 01:13:43 PM »

Although RAW track has numerous World Champions.... Masters ......Juniors ......and Evan a couple of Elite. not sure if it is cool to use WC colours
roxii

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 11:22:28 PM »

It wouldnt be RAW if it wasnt a bit irreverent.

If we are trying to be in keeping with the local area, as a former resident can I suggest that the R and the W be in a nice acid wash denim print and the A be in a blue check flanalette design.

You could also have some spin off merchandise like RAW Track-ie Daks. 

Whatever you do, thanks again Paul for sticking your neck out and giving us something to do on a Friday night.

PS Will Babici be bringing any merch to try on or sell, have been keen to get into their gear but dont really like buying clothes online.
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

If it isn’t fixed its broken

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 12:04:50 AM »

Roxii, Your concept would go well with Ugboots and Winnie Blues.

However, as a spin off. If we replaced world bands with strips of Nordic Pine
chamois

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 05:49:45 AM »

absolutely.
Trackie
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 06:27:50 PM »

To use the world champion colours is an insult to the riders who have actually won a World Championship.
bigfriendlyvegan

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 05:35:41 AM »

Roxii, Your concept would go well with Ugboots and Winnie Blues.

With a sprinters line and a madison line? If so, sweet.
scott

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 12:38:38 AM »

To use the world champion colours is an insult to the riders who have actually won a World Championship.
they must be pretty fickle then. maybe paul could ask a few of them next week and see ?
the football using their premiership trophy in their advertising and merchandise, americas cup teams and sailors  are plaster with images of their cup. kids can wear their teams jerseys to support them, be it football, cycling etc etc.
cyclists and their silly 'rules' dont benefit the sports overall public appearance sometimes.
just my thoughts..

i like the logo.
and my helmet and rims have small rainbow bits on them that i didnt earn ( or put there myself) and i suspect no one has taken offense...  Wink
Tony U

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 03:09:04 AM »

When the UCI stops selling replica WC jerseys then I will object to it.... so relax people know who has earned em and who hasnt.

I think it looks great and very slick. Babici is great stuff and great to see the owner of the business racing last night.
Trackie
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 04:44:19 AM »

UCI should not allow replica jersey and for those who wear them have absolutely no respect for those who have earned them and will never have the ability to achieve such success.
If the UCI logo was somewhere with old RAW logo there would be no discussion, a logo is a logo, but once you start using world bands outside the logo it is wrong, that is the highest achievement within cycling and if some of you do not understand that, you have no understanding of cycling at all.
And by the way, I am not a world champion, but I respect the sport and what riders have to go through, their talent and ability to be World Champions.
roxii

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 08:00:20 AM »

I suppose it's a bit like the gay marriage debate really, heterosexual couples feeling like allowing gays to marry will somehow diminish the hetero marriage.
Surely if the UCI sell replica world champs gear in XXXL for fat blokes like me to wear they are saying that the logo is nothing more than a marketing tool to them.
What about bike manufacturers or wheel makers that use the world champ colours, are we to believe that they are respecting the colours or that the world champ being on their bike was a large part of the reason they won. Even if this were true surely Crafty has had a hand in getting enough young folk to the world champs he would have nearly as much right as specialized to use it.

BTW I respect the effort of everyone who earns the right to wear the rainbow stripes.
steliop

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 08:52:58 AM »

Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing rainbow colours without earning them.

I have no issue with Crafty holding a rainbow coloured microphone. -Keep up the good work!
steliop

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 08:50:56 AM »

Like many, I'm not keen on rainbow colours without earning them.

What about something like this?:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2pYrneySCjveUxfbkhJVXlvdkE/edit?usp=sharing

Its only a rough draft. Someone would need to clean it up a little and pick a better wood grain, but you get the general idea.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

English Steel 1.6 © Saxon North Technologies