April 29, 2024, 06:25:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More stoopid newbie questions!  (Read 16762 times)
roxii

« on: July 28, 2009, 02:14:23 AM »

What sort of tyres (clinchers) are good to use on the boards??

troublemaker

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 03:55:10 AM »

those without wax on them Grin
troublemaker

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 05:42:42 AM »

on a serius note though,I've have Veloflex Corsa's on my raceline & and I can confidently go straight up to the blue line when everyone else is trying to get their speed up,,, down below,they're now 2 year's old and showing litle sign of wear and that's after running on out door track's as well. As for speed,I've been considering singles but doubt that I'll find anything convincingly better for the money.
millsy

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 09:26:36 AM »

The VITTORIA ULTRA SPEED are the best on the market for the boards there a good indoor outdoor tyre there just like a single thay take 130psi to 160psi and that a good for the track
Boostland

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 05:58:34 AM »

Continental Supersonics are also a great tyre for the boards.

150g for the 20mm and a max pressure of 170 PSI, these are the closest you can get to running a tubular.

Note: check your rims maximum pressure before pumping all to these sorts of pressures as some brands of rim have 125 max pressure rating.

sideshow_bob

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 10:55:59 AM »

+1 to Supersonics. Light, supple, good grip and you have options in width (20+23mm)

Veloflex are also nice, Corsa (19mm) or Records (23mm), bit more expensive though.

These tires will do well on wood, but don't expect them to last overly long if you are doing lots at Tempe.
mikesbytes

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 12:42:20 PM »

Yeh, I'm on supersonics too, no complaints what so ever
troublemaker

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 09:22:58 AM »

seeing we're on the subject of tyres, I have recently noticed that not all of my tyres are of the same size, eg. 20c -23c. Knowing that these are available Ive never seen an article explaining how to choose next set. Dose it relate to size/weight of rider, road surface/mixture or discipline [road,track crit.] Is there a science to choosing the right size tyre or do I simply choose by price?
Terminator

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 12:10:36 PM »

All of the above..... Then the decider is usually price.
troublemaker

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 08:13:24 AM »

well lets all prey that big W dont start selling 700c.Thats where I get my MTB tyres from, and I put the blame on not most, but all my crashes on those tyres.
Terminator

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 11:09:12 AM »

USUALLY PRICE!!! USUALLY!!!!!!!! A friend of mine owns a bike shop and sells, as most shops do, a wide price range of bikes. One of the cheap bikes he sells comes standard with  an outstanding tyre by the name of "Ridge Rider".
He immediately removes these and fits ones that are able to stay in shape with at least 90psi in them.
He was throwing out the "Ridge Riders" and I grabbed some just to see how bad they were and fitted a pair to my training road bike.
I should have woken up when the rubber around the beads crumbled as I was fitting them, but I was determined to ride them, thinking that even if I could get a week out of them it would be better than paying for training tyres.
I put 100psi in them and went out to meet my usual training partner, got 3km!! and the front one blew off the rim.
Undetered, I went home, fitted a new one, went back out and after 5km the rear one snaked so bad I thought I'd broken a spoke!
The training session was all but forgotten as I limped home, fitted one more and watched it explode at 100psi before I got the bike off the stand!
I now train on Michelin Lithions. USUALLY PRICE!!! Not always.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

English Steel 1.6 © Saxon North Technologies