March 29, 2024, 07:52:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 6 July 24  (Read 11302 times)
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

If it isn’t fixed its broken

« on: July 19, 2015, 10:08:56 AM »

Junior World's Team Fundraiser night

This year CNSW and RAW track are fielding three very talented and dedicated Juniors to represent Australia at the 2015 Junior World Track Championships  19-23 August in Astana, Kazakhstan.
Tori Saunders - along with sister, Jessica and father, John were regular visitors to RAW in 2014. Making the extensive journey from Tamworth on Fridays.
Nicola MacDonald - along with sister Alicia travelled from Newcastle to get there wooden velodrome experience at RAW.
Cameron Scott- along with brother Lachlan were very infrequent visitor to RAW residing in Wagga. However, his family have recently moved closer to the DGV which has seen Cameron be a regular dominator at RAW track 2015.
All of the above riders used the RAW Track Christmas Carnivals to hone their skills prior to the Nationals, bringing home a swag of medals.

What many people don't know.
Whilst CA keep the costs as low as possible, it still costs the individual rider (read parents) in the vicinity of $10,000 for a rider to represent their country! This sum covers training camps, travel, coaches, staff, clothing, nutrition and the list goes on.

Tori Saunders says:
  Absolutely over the moon to have gained selection to represent Australia at the UCI Junior World Track Championships that will take place in Astana, Kazakhstan in August 2015. Representing my country has been a goal of mine ever since I started racing back in U13's and am so thrilled with this opportunity! Being located in Tamworth means my parents have to dedicate time and support to get me to training in Sydney (as well as other locations) and being just 1 of 3 siblings I need to play my part in the contribution of funds to support my goals and visions. All funds donated will go towards helping me go on this trip of a lifetime, and race for Australia to the best of my ability.

Nicola MacDonald says:
  My dream since I was small was to represent my country and I have that opportunity in Track cycling after 4 years of hard work and dedication. My parents have worked tirelessly and spent a lot of their hard earned money for my sister and I in both school and sport and it is very expensive to go to Kazakhstan to race, even with Cycling Australia's wonderful assistance.
I train hard most days after school and then work hard in the evenings to keep up at school. I want to do well at both and not only go to the Olympics but also get a university degree.
The family helps me through it all as well as my friends at both school and in cycling.
I am tired a lot but it is worth it when I get satisfaction from my results and knowing I have given my all in competition, no matter the outcome. Obviously I want to win but in cycling that doesn't happen all the time.
I am asking for help to reach my goal and hopefully come home with a World Championship medal preferably Gold if I can.

Cameron Scott says:
As many of you would already know, I like to ride bikes. After 10 years of hard pedalling, I’ve been blessed with the opportunity to represent Australia at the 2015 Junior Track World Cycling Championships in Kazakhstan this coming August.  Junior Worlds has been one of my goals for a long time. I am very thankful that all the training, hard work and sacrifice from myself, my family, my friends and my coach has paid off. I have set up this page to help my parents with the costs of training and travelling overseas to compete, so any donations would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions feel free to message me.
Thanks in advance

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:06:42 AM by Artson » Logged
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

If it isn’t fixed its broken

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 12:35:13 PM »

News and Information
For Week 6
Friday, July, 24 2015
RAW TRACK

Junior World Championship Fundraiser night
first race 7:05pm  

This week’s Races
•   Round 1   Warm up Scratch
•   Round 2  Junior World Track Championships Demonstration event.  
•   Round 3  Sprint (max 10 up@ 4laps) Div 1 200m fly
•   Round 4  Points race

•   Round 5 combines + The BS Canteen Timeblaster 8:37 for $100  
Note: Point scoring rounds are in Blue.

Explain these races

Explain these races

Sprint-  â€“ at RAW Track, sprints are usually run as 4-10 ups over 3-4 laps the first few laps are usually spent sizing your opponents up and positioning yourself for the optimum explosion to the finish. It is not uncommon for a sneaky rider to attack early in the hope of holding a lead to the finish. The sprint is a test of power, speed and above all, tactics.
Point score- - Riders must score points by sprinting for intermittent sprints  every ?? Laps for bonuses (5, 3, 2, 1 points). Lapping the field scores a bonus 20 points, consequently losing a lap to the field scores -20points. Winner of the race is the rider with the most points
Sub-note: generally at RAW Track we do not allow loss of laps, rather call this a forced withdrawall

Cameron Scott, Tori Saunders and Nicola McDonald are going to Kazakhstan

•   The levy each of these riders has to individually pay to represent their country is $10,000
•   This week at RAW we are doing a fund raiser to help ease some of the burden on the parents.
•   To show his support coach and Tour De France Yellow Jersey wearer Brad McGee is putting one of his Jersey’s up for auction. (details to come)
•   Brad will also be on hand to talk to throughout the night. Here is a chance to ask the opinion of someone who not only rode the TDF but led it.

Point Score info

Last week’s top scorers

•   Team Yellow 20 points
Cameron Scott
Nick Edwards
Garth Heron
Eric MacDonald
Noel Gorrell
Nate Earl
Luke Britten
Blake Williams
Ricardo Ruiz de Gamboa
Lawrence Santos
Brad Mills
Samual Estall
Mia Wallace
Jessica Biddle

series
•   Div 1  Cam Scott  84 points  
•   Div 2  Garth Heron 83 points
•   Div 3 David Browne + Ian Grant  74 points  
•   Div 4 Frank Arraiza  84 points  
•   Div 5 Jessica Biddle   70 points  

Teams/Clubs Challenge

1   Dulwich Hill   1914
2   St George    786
3   Hunter Districts    629
4   Lidcombe   628
5   Penrith   473
6   Bicisport    401
7   SUVelo   374
8   Central Coast   322
9   Sutherland   317
10   Bankstown    308

Going up a grade
It is time for the 10 Point Rule to be activated.

â€¢   Promoted riders will take points with them but will not exceed 10pts below leader of grade. This rule will be activated on August 24 @ 7:05pm.

The BS Canteen Time Blaster
•   The Bankstown Sports Cycling Club, who provide RAW Patrons the service of food and beverage, are the 2015sponsors of the Time Blaster
•   This ups the prize pool for a winning time to $100 per week (which Jackpots if not won)
•   It wouldn’t be RAW Track if we didn’t put an extra twist on things!
•   So the first rider dropped after 5 laps will consume a slice of bread prepared by Peter Buckingham.

RAW TRACK 2015 ….Bring It!  

« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 11:39:48 PM by Artson » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

English Steel 1.6 © Saxon North Technologies