April 29, 2024, 01:20:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More rollers?  (Read 9052 times)
markcra

« on: August 09, 2009, 03:57:06 AM »

Still shopping for rollers, has anyone got an opinion on the Seiki brand rollers offered on velogear?
Tony U

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 02:50:28 AM »

I do a fair amount on rollers due to work constraints etc and often combine a hard ergo session with a high rpm roller session. Starting from scratch again after six weeks off the bike due to work and while away (in Canberra) managed to destroy my second set of Minoura Action Mag rollers - first pair the drum separated from the end cap on the roller and thus would spin freely and make horrendous noise, second pair the bearings shit themselves. I try to keep em clean and lubed, dont know what is going on, I hover around the hundred kegs mark and do high rpm efforts but can only get into the 190s, have heard of lots of people who reckon they can do well over 200rpm for sustained periods so the stresses I put on them should be within the design tolerances.

I have just acquired a pair of Elite rollers (the red plastic drum ones) they appear much more sturdy, lets see if I can wreck em in six months....
markcra

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 09:45:40 AM »

Thanks for your thoughts, I seem to have a similar knack for challenging design parameters. I ordered the above rollers last night, a parcel should arrive in a few days. Once I have jammed myself in a door way for a while I will let you know how they stand up.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

English Steel 1.6 © Saxon North Technologies