March 28, 2024, 10:31:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RAW-Hooker #1  (Read 39468 times)
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

If it isn’t fixed its broken

« on: May 17, 2018, 10:14:53 AM »

A grade will be 30 minutes plus 1 lap
B grade will be as close to 30 minutes plus 1 lap as possible. By this I mean that B grade will receive the Bell before being lapped!

if it rains it will be cancelled
Enter for the RAW-Hooker and receive a free entry into the standard criterium starting at 6:30pm ..... Bring two Bikes!

EQUIPMENT

All athletes must pass (a very quick) technical inspection with their race equipment. This technical inspection is mandatory and all equipment must be presented in race ready condition. Athletes that fail the technical inspection must solve the issue before their race in order to compete.
•Track bike required
•Drop handlebar required
•Lock-ring required
•Traditionally spoked wheels required (no TT wheels)
•Clipless pedals required
•Clincher, Tubular, or Tubeless tires are permitted
•Brakes prohibited
•Lights and reflectors prohibited
•Fixed-gear conversions prohibited
•Pedal/toe straps prohibited

Recommendations and bike setup notes

•A reasonable gear ratio should be used. 49×15 is a good starting point. Excessively large gear ratios are not recommended
•The RAW HOOKER Crit can feature imperfect and dirty circuit surfaces. 25mm or wider tires with sealant for flat protection are recommended
•Tubular tires must be properly glued. Tubular tape is not recommended
•All components must be in safe mechanical condition. Do not attempt to race with worn out and dangerous parts
•The drivetrain (chain, chainring, lockring, cog, pedals, shoes, and cleats) must be in top condition
•The rear wheel must sit entirely in the rear dropout. If it does not you must shorten your chain
•Make sure your rear wheel is tight. Most mechanical DNF’s in this style of crit are due to the rear wheel shifting at the start
•Handlebars must be taped and plugged

This event is brought to you by RAW track and Brad Hooker (Marconi CC)  

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 10:43:45 AM by Artson » Logged
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 10:02:59 AM »

What you need:
•   CA racing licence
•   Track bike
•   Aus-Standards Helmet
•   Clipless pedals and shoes
•   $15
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 10:07:38 AM by Artson » Logged
lizanne

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 06:10:34 AM »

So. This. Just. Happened!

Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 01:38:14 PM »

Age Restriction: The RAW-Hooker is restricted to U17’s up. This has nothing to do with skill or maturity rather more to do with the gear size.

U15’s is restricted to 6m or about 78inches I know they will be able to keep up on that gear and even possibly win, however the problem is that they can also stop that gear very very quickly. This poses a problem for the other riders in the bunch.

My focus as I have said previously in this first RAW-Hooker is to get through it without a fall. I believe this is achievable but need to try and mitigate potential risks. Hopefully if successful RAW-Hooker can host multiple categories in the future.  

Pre-empting the next post. I am aware I have just broken rules 1 and 2 of RAW-Hooker  
You don not talk about your GEAR!

« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 01:40:27 PM by Artson » Logged
lizanne

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 01:58:47 AM »

While we're not talking about gears.  i highly recommend people have a read of this https://fixedgearcrit.com/getting-started-with-fixed-gear-cycling-the-fgc-gear-guide/

Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 11:30:37 PM »

Paul Craft  Information will also be posted on the event website http://www.rawtrack.com.au/index.php/topic,941.0.html
At this stage all precipitation is on the coastal fringe. HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 04:47:28 AM »

Yep it rained
Without heat in the ground there next to 0% chance the water will dry, even if it was to stop raining now.

The problem isn't we don't want to get wet. It is simple the compound used on the dragstrip to gain grip in the dry is a polar opposite in the wet. It is lethal even for riders with mad skills.

Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 05:26:42 AM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

English Steel 1.6 © Saxon North Technologies