April 29, 2024, 03:16:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Racing...  (Read 17350 times)
ingram_js

« on: April 12, 2010, 11:12:30 AM »

Hi,

I wish racing was on Saturday nights instead of Friday nights...

I work in the city, and to get home, grab my bike and drive to the DGV in time for a decent warm up, I have to leave work really early.

Surely we'd get more riders on a Saturday afternoon or evening?

Wishful thinking?

;-)

Cheers,

Jason
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

If it isn’t fixed its broken

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 12:26:13 PM »

Jason thanks for your post.

When organising anything, I have learnt that you cannot please everyone and the minute you try it generally goes pear shaped.

I would be less likely to get a full block booking on Saturday nights as the venue is often booked for other activities.
Numbers are pretty good on Fridays.
r2160

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 03:18:48 AM »

Hey Paul

Any word on when the Raw Track season starts yet? I have heard rumours of June but thought I would ask.

cheers
Glenn
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 09:00:29 AM »

I have put in an application for June 11 to Sept 17 (15 weeks)

The dates have been confirmed as free, however I have not yet achieved a booking.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:03:40 AM by Artson » Logged
Geo

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 04:49:40 AM »

I hear you Jason. I work in CBD too. Also had to miss the recent Sprint event as weekends are very busy with the family.

I gave the same excuse to Tony Unicomb a couple of years a go when he tried to get me into the track scene.

He told me that if you really want to do something then you will find a way. So true.

A few ideas:

If your workplace is realistic and upfront:
1. Start work a bit earlier &/or work through lunch to get away earlier.

If you work for a nutter:
2. Tell your boss that you have enroled on a training course running evry Fri evening Jun-Sep.
3. Tell your boss you need to pick up the kids Fri evenings.
4. Book a quarter day's holiday each Friday arvo for 15 weeks.

To save time you could park near Sydenham station in the morning and catch the train back in the evening (12min trip) to get a jump start on trafic.

Bring it and see you there.

Geo.

Cashy

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 10:01:36 AM »

Just catch the train out there Jase.  I'll pick you up from the station. Cool
chubbsie

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 08:11:06 AM »

Any futher word on the RAW start date? Im getting sick of training, i want to race.
Tony U

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 04:44:59 AM »

........ or you could just do what I did and tell your boss to go and get xxxxxxx
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 09:17:38 AM by Tony U » Logged
Artson
Administrator
Get'a'Life-Member

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 06:02:59 AM »

Hi Guys

Some issues have arisen and at best the start of RAW will have to be delayed.
I apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued support
Tony U

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 01:33:20 AM »

A letter to Kevin Young.

Kevin,

I am sure Paul does not want to say too much as he is in negotiations, but he had originally planned to run the first Friday night winter track racing round next Friday 11th of June.

I am sure you would agree that Paul has been solely responsible for a considerable period of growth in track racing both in NSW and nationally by virtue of his series, indeed many of your membership has taken up track cycling because of the winter series. I would add this has added substantially to my commitment and participation levels in all CNSW events

Many of your members have also invested substantially in track equipment on the basis they can get a reasonable amount of use out of the stuff.

I would hope the management of CNSW and CA would realise how important the conduct of a winter track racing series is in delivering a product your members want and patronize.

There has been a distinct lack of information and I believe it is incumbent upon CNSW to inform the membership of what is going on. In my view it would be a bad thing for the membership and the administration if this series were lost.

Yours in sport.

Tony Unicomb (on behalf of many that don’t want to write..)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

English Steel 1.6 © Saxon North Technologies